4c are running its Graduate Internship Scheme again for 2013. A fantastic opportunity for a graduate to experience what it’s like in a successful design engineering consultancy.
4c Design have been offering a graduate the opportunity to work and learn from us for the past few years. I (Michael) can personally vouch for the scheme and that it is an incredible opportunity for a lucky someone. If you put the effort in you will get a tremendous amount from this experience. This is a very popular internship, so we really recommend getting your application in early and doing what it takes to stand out from the crowd. Good luck to everyone.
What will you gain from it?
It is our intention to provide the successful applicant with a short burst of the much needed ‘industry experience’ required between leaving university and starting full time employment as a professional. We want to provide you with a foot up onto the ‘first rung on the ladder’ in your chosen career as a design engineer. As such we have structured the scheme around the 4 core areas of working within our consultancy, these are:-
- Business Skills
- Design Skills
- CAD Skills (Solidworks Certification)
- Modelmaking & Workshop Skills
We regard the scheme as a knowledge exchange.
4c Design will provide our time and experience to mentor the Apprentice who keeps a diary of what they have achieved each week. In return they provide their time to 4c Design to help out with jobs where appropriate. As such we will make a contribution towards the apprentice’s living costs, but it should be regarded as an unsalaried position for the duration of the scheme. See video below to explain more…
- We will accept applications until 12th April 2013
- Interviews will be conducted from 1st May 2013
- Intern’s start date will be mid June (although we are flexible to fit around your Uni schedule
- The Design Hub, Glasgow, Scotland
- 3 months
- Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org as a PDF
- Additional materials such as portfolio, websites, blog and social media will strengthen your application.